Tuesday, September 22, 2009

all by myself!

i walked to the park all by myself with no leash!

the park is many steps from my house and has a road to cross, railway tracks to walk down, a sidewalk and even some stairs. but i did it all on my own.

the guy JJ calls the monkey is still a back seat driver, but i know why when i bump into stuff i couldn't smell or get lost in a corner and turned around

i'm also learning to sit when i go for my walks. i think i have to sit before the "step down" and the strong rubbery, metal, oily and gasoline smells. when i do stop and sit, i like to face the monkey guy as its easier to smell someone in front of me than behind me.

i am also learning not to take off fast after a sit. apparently i just keep going faster and pulling harder. that's what the "duke! gentle", "duke! slow" and "duke! easy" is all about.

the other day i broke the monkey when i was startled by some noise and panicked into running. my leash was around a chair that was following me and there was lots of noise. i guess the monkey was just picking up the leah when i got startled again and the leash twisted his fingers funny. something about torn tendons and bruises. i think he's okay as i still get fed

duke

1 comment:

Delilah and Rocket said...

torn tendons? You might want to make a pouty face or three