Wednesday, August 12, 2009

breakfast in bed

Hiya Doggers!

hi

This morning was so special! My monkey was up early for a run but the Duke and I stayed home. I opted for the sleep in option, on my monkey's bed! Sooo nice...

i can't sleep in. i get up when the alarm goes off. i already awake and waiting

Duke was up and about. Crashing around as usual. I wish I had earplugs some mornings.

can't help it. sorry jj. sometimes i get lost

Then I was awakened to the smell of breakfast... venison nuggets and bison steak.

i like venison

Oh lordy! I have died and gone to doggy heaven! I thought I must be dreaming as there was the Duke with a bag of venison nuggets! My little bro was bringing me breakfast in bed- major alpha appreciation points there Duke! I was so, so wrong about you buddy.

thanks jj

Then the dream turned into a nightmare as Duke hunkered down in his bed with the whole bag of nuggets. He was in doggy heaven and I was in doggy hell... all I could do was watch. The Duke doesn't eat like a prisoner, but he has that look when he eats. The thousand yard stare.

it was good

So, the Duke polishes off the nuggets then trots back to the living room where he has the bison steak laid out on his day bed by the window! WTF?!? When did I miss this handout? Where is mine?

It is supposed to be all about me!

Turns out the Duke jumped onto the kitchen counter and pull these snacks from the sink where they were defrosting for our, note the O-U-R breakfast. He ate his breakfast and mine in one sitting!

jumped

I am so choked.

i could have choked on the plastic wrap

What-evah.

The Gaffer

1 comment:

jjwright said...

hahaha this is awesome!!! i love the dialogue :-)