Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Vacation!

Hiya Doggers!

The Duke and I went on the best of vacations with our monkey this past weekend. We took a ferry ride up the coast to somewhere, and even though I was shotgun on the drive I'm sure where we were. We did drive along some winding roads where we turned "my way" and "your way" a lot... that was fun, but the Duke was looking a little green in the back after all the turns!

hi

Although it was a more enjoyable car ride than the trip to Kelowna! That was the trip where Duke found a bag of trail mix with big pieces of dried mango and great big strips of dried papaya. And ate most of them while the monkey was out of the car.

i farted a lot. for two days and one night

Luckily he didn't barf in the car... although he did on the ferry.

i drank too fast. again i liked the ferry. those little boys played with us

That's right . Two boys and their dad played with us and I got walked around the car deck lots, so the ride went fast.

i played with my toy

So we were on vacation and I got to hang out with my new vizsla buddy! She's great fun and played chase with me lots. She has green eyes and a red coat just like I do. And she likes scratches, back rubs and tummy scratches!

i'm brown and white like an oreo and i like tummy rubs too

Can you see Duke in the pic?

i can't see me...

Here we are checking out the waterfront.

The Duke loved the water, grassy areas and playing with his squeaky toy for hours. In and out of the water.

wading

But no swimming for my new vizsla friend, I don't think she liked the water like I do. That's me trolling for fish...

Did I tell you my new passion is fishing? Every time I go to the beach now I wade along the shallows looking for fish to catch. It was weird, but in the mornings there was less water and I could go way, way out in channels fishing.

i like fish too JJ


I had my sights set on this island as a fishing destination. I could run along the shallow channels and get there no problem, then stop and fish the deeper pools at my leisure.

digging was fun too

While the Duke stayed out of the deeper water, he waded through the oyster beds as happy as a pig in mud. Deep blackish mud to be precise.

muddy

When I sighted a school of fish, I motored after them with my laser like focus and attention.

Which distracted me from noticing that the water was getting deeper! I had to swim most of the way back from the island!

i got hosed down while you were coming back

It was the bestest of vacations!

The Gaffer

da Duke

No comments: